Frequently Asked Questions
How to get here, where to stay, and more!
Venue Addresses & Map
- Tallgrass Film Center | 120 E. 1st St.
- The Orpheum Theatre | 200 N. Broadway
- Temple Live/Scottish Rite | 332 East 1st St. North
- Advanced Learning Library | 711 W. 2nd St. N.
- Exploration Place | 300 N. McLean Blvd.
- Niche | 124 S. Broadway
- Park Villa | 1029 Bitting St.
- VIP & Volunteer Lounge in the Candela at Lux | 120 E. 1st St. N.
- Ulrich Art Museum | 1845 Fairmount St.
- Douglas Design District | 1706 E. Douglas Ave.
- Old Cowtown Museum | 1865 Museum Blvd.
- Union Station | 701 E Douglas Ave.
Where Should I Stay?
Guests can use our Drury discount to stay at the festival: Online: https://www.druryhotels.com/bookandstay/newreservation/?groupno=10016749
• Call: 800-325-0720 and provide group number: #10016749
• Cutoff date: 8/26/23
Check out wichitaradar.com the week-of to plan for the weather. Wichita in October can be warm, windy or snowing and raining!
TFA Transportation & Parking
A Park and Ride Shuttle, sponsored by CarStar, will travel between venues every 30 minutes, so you can park once and ride free all day.
Many of our venues are located on the Q-line route – a free trolley that gets you where you need to go throughout Downtown Wichita. Look for the Q emblem on the sidewalk and take a free ride down Douglas. Details on route and schedule available at wichitatransit.org.
Uber and Lyft are also available.
Metered parking is available on the street for a fee during weekdays but is free after 5:00 p.m. and on weekends. Scottish Rite (Temple Live) has daily parking for $2. Accessible parking is available at each venue.
Box Office Ticket Questions
In person at The Lux (120 E. 1st St. N) from October 5 – 8, 10 am to 7 pm or any Tuesday, 1pm to 5pm. Otherwise, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (316) 303-9292 for additional hours or buy online here.
- General Admission $12 (for any film that is not a gala)
- Matinee Admission $10 (film before 4 pm)
- Veteran/Teacher/Student Discounted General Admission $6
- Use code “service” at check out for the discount
- Gala or Double Feature $15
- Gala Film + Party – $45
- Virtual Pass $50 (access to all films online)
- FilmPass $100 (access to all films in person and online)
- Weekend Pass | $150 (All films and parties Saturday & Sunday. No VIP Lounge. Full access to all online content.)
- TallPass $259 (access to films in person and online, VIP Lounge, Parties)
We accept credit or debit cards anywhere, but we only accept cash in person at the main box office at The Tallgrass Film Center (120 E. 1st St. N, Unit 113).
You can or show us the receipt QR Code on your phone to save paper and remain contactless!
Short films play in blocks of shorts or before a feature. Please reference the block it is in to buy tickets.
Box Office Pass Questions
Your TallPass is your entrance to everything, so make sure to pick up the physical badge during the week of the festival at the Lux (120 E. 1st St. N). This allows for parties, panels, VIP lounge, and all screens. It also is what lets you vote for audience awards.
We will go to print with all badges on September 9, so if you name your badge, it will be ready upon your arrival for pick up. If you do not name it or purchase it after September 9, we will print on-site but expect a 5-10 minute wait for printing. We have a seating area in the lobby for waiting. To name the passes, login here, select passes, then click edit details to enter your name and/or film or company.
With your badge tied to your email, you can share additional badges with friends and loved ones so they can claim their own tickets and participate in the online voting. The ballots go to the email holder.
To transfer passes:
- Log in using your email account to Eventive here.
- Click the pink log-in button in the bottom left hand corner. You will see an image like the below:
If this is your first log-in, click forgot password to have a reset sent to the email you are using right now! Set whatever password you want. Logged in before? Then just login.
- Click the third button in the upper right-hand corner for your passes. See the image below:
- Click the Manage button on each pass you’d like to transfer (see image below):
Then enter the email of the participant you are transferring to and maybe this email with it for the below information:
Your recipient will receive an email from email@example.com with the subject line “Gift from [your email address]” Your recipient must click the blue Accept button!
NOTE: If your recipient doesn’t see the email, ask them to check their Spam folder and to search for “firstname.lastname@example.org”
Once your recipient clicks Accept, the ticket/pass will no longer appear on your My Tickets/Passes page.
We are happy to let you walk up and grab a seat as a passholder, and this is always fine at the Orpheum or Scottish Rite (Temple Live). But please know that some venues have a smaller capacity, so if you want to have a place reserved and a stress-free festival, snag a free ticket online in advance! This is most important at the Tallgrass Film Center with only 30 seats.
To claim single tickets with your pass for free, while logged in, go to the menu (left upper hand corner) and select film guide (pictured below).
Scroll through the film options and select a film that you may want to see. After reading its details, select a showing (sizeable pink button on the film page) to see the pop-up below:
Click the preferred date and time (films play once in person, and many play on our virtual Eventive platform at home) and quick order for $0 to obtain your free ticket using your pass.
For additional information visit Eventive Ticketing.
Virtual Cinema How-To
Below you will find links to several videos we made for you, the audience! These videos will show you how to log in, order tickets to a virtual screening, and more!
- The Complete Guide to Watching Movies on Eventive Virtual: http://bit.ly/AudienceGuidetoEventive
- Eventive Computer Compatibility: http://bit.ly/EventiveComputerCompatibility
- Logging in to Your Eventive Account: http://bit.ly/LoggingintoEventive
- Understanding Screening Content: http://bit.ly/UnderstandingScreeningContent
- How to Find Screenings & Purchased Content: http://bit.ly/FindYourScreening
- Ordering Virtual Tickets on Eventive: http://bit.ly/OrderingTickets
- How Long Do I Have To Watch My Screening: http://bit.ly/ScreeningWatchWindow
- Voting for a Film on Eventive: http://bit.ly/VotingforFilms
And don’t forget to read our Eventive Virtual Audience FAQs!
Parties start between 8-9 pm after the spotlight film of the evening. Consult the app or website for complete times. Passholders or party purchases must show their badge or QR code to enter. Private receptions are usually held late afternoon and restricted by invite or passholder type.
Clothing of any sort and shape is welcome. No dress code is required! We do have a red carpet and step and repeat for photos, so feel free to dress up or down to get photos!
We have alcoholic (21+) and non-alcoholic beverages (all ages) in our VIP lounge and at parties. We also have a variety of snacks and appetizers in the lounge and at parties. We can not always accommodate dietary restrictions but do try to have vegetarian and vegan food available.
Other General FAQs
These are first come, first serve, but you can reserve a free ticket in advance to guarantee a seat. Free for 2023 are screenings at the Advanced Learning Library, and some panels.
Tallgrass follows all COVID-19 health and safety protocols, including suggested masks indoors regardless of vaccine status. We will continue to update and revise our protocols to reflect the most current safety standards. Due to variants, event plans, and COVID-19, restrictions can change. See regulations here.
All in-person venues are ADA accessible. Most program films will have open or closed captions in person and virtually. See the website for details on which films will have captions or contact info at tallgrassfilm.org. Accessible parking is available at each venue. Learn more about our efforts here.
I’m so glad you asked, check out this page to learn more.
Email us at email@example.com or call 316-303-9292.