Frequently Asked Questions
How to get here, where to stay, and more!
2023 Venue Addresses & Map
- Advanced Learning Library | 711 W. 2nd St. N. Free Screenings Presented by Evergy
- CAC Theatre at WSU | 1845 Fairmount St.
- Candela at The LUX | 120 E. 1st St. N.
- Crown Uptown Theatre | 3207 E. Douglas Ave.
- Exploration Place Kemper Science Theater | 300 N. McLean Blvd.
- Tallgrass Film Center | 120 E. 1st St. N.
- TempleLive (Scottish Rite) | 332 E. 1st St. N.
- The Orpheum Theatre | 200 N. Broadway
- Wichita Art Museum | 1400 Museum Blvd.
- WSU Tech – NICHE | 124 S. Broadway
- VIP & Volunteer Lounge in the Candela at Lux | 120 E. 1st St. N.
- Chainlink Gallery Place | 121 E. Douglas
- Douglas Design District | 1706 E. Douglas Ave.
- Old Cowtown Museum | 1865 Museum Blvd.
- Ulrich Art Museum | 1845 Fairmount St.
- Union Station | 701 E. Douglas Ave.
Box Office Ticket Questions
Check back closer to the festival for in-person box office hours.
You can purchase your 2024 Tallpass here.
- General Admission $12 (for any film that is not a gala)
- Matinee Admission $10 (film before 4 pm)
- Veteran/Teacher/Student Discounted General Admission $6
- Use code “Senior” at check out for the discount
- Gala Film or Double Feature $15
- Gala Film + Party – $45
- Virtual Pass $50 (access to all films online)
- FilmPass $100 (access to all films in person and online)
- Weekend Pass | $150 (All films and parties Saturday & Sunday. No VIP Lounge. Full access to all online content.)
- TallPass $259 (access to films in person and online, VIP Lounge, Parties)
We accept all major credit or debit cards, but we only accept cash in person at the main box office at The Candela at The Lux (120 E. 1st St. N).
No need to print ahead of time! Simply show us the QR Code that you received in your confirmation email on your phone to save paper and remain contactless!
If you are a pass holder the QR code on your pass is all you need!
Short films play in blocks of shorts or before a feature. Please reference the block it is in to buy tickets.
Box Office Pass Questions
Your TallPass is your entrance to everything, so make sure to pick up the physical badge during the week of the festival at the Lux (120 E. 1st St. N). This allows for parties, panels, VIP lounge, and all screens. It also is what lets you vote for audience awards.
Please check back closer to the festival for box office hours.
1. Log into your Eventive account.
2. Click the third button in the upper right-hand corner for your passes. See the image below:
3. Select “Edit Details” next to the pass and update your name and then save.
With your badge tied to your email, you can share additional badges with friends and loved ones so they can claim their own tickets and participate in the online voting. The ballots go to the email holder.
To transfer passes:
- Log in using your email account to Eventive here.
- Click the log-in button in the bottom left hand corner. You will see an image like the below:
If this is your first log-in, click forgot password to have a reset sent to the email you are using right now! Set whatever password you want. Logged in before? Then just login.
- Click the third button in the upper right-hand corner for your passes. See the image below:
- Click the Manage button on each pass you’d like to transfer (see image below):
Then enter the email of the recipient you are transferring to and maybe this email with it for the below information:
Your recipient will receive an email from email@example.com with the subject line “Gift from [your email address]” Your recipient must click the blue Accept button!
NOTE: If your recipient doesn’t see the email, ask them to check their Spam folder and to search for “firstname.lastname@example.org”
Once your recipient clicks Accept, the ticket/pass will no longer appear on your My Tickets/Passes page.
We are happy to let you walk up and grab a seat as a passholder, and this is always fine at the Orpheum or TempleLive (Scottish Rite). But please know that some venues have a smaller capacity, so if you want to guarantee a seat and a stress-free festival, snag a free ticket online in advance! This is most important at the Tallgrass Film Center with only 30 seats.
To claim single tickets with your pass for free, while logged in, go to the menu (left upper hand corner) and select film guide (pictured below).
Scroll through the film options and select a film that you may want to see. After reading its details, select a showing (sizeable button on the film page) to see the pop-up below:
Click the preferred date and time (films play once in person, and many play on our virtual Eventive platform at home) and quick order for $0 to obtain your free ticket using your pass.
For additional information visit Eventive Ticketing.
TFA Transportation & Parking
A Park and Ride Shuttle, sponsored by CarStar, will travel between venues every 30 minutes, so you can park once and ride free all day.
Many of our venues are located on the Q-line route – a free trolley that gets you where you need to go throughout Downtown Wichita. Look for the Q emblem on the sidewalk and take a free ride down Douglas. Details on route and schedule available at wichitatransit.org.
Uber and Lyft are also available.
Metered parking is available on the street for a fee during weekdays but is free after 5:00 p.m. and on weekends. Orpheum parking is free on the weekend of the festival. Accessible parking is available at each venue.
Virtual Cinema How-To
A majority of the films in our program will be available both online and in person but some films are only available in certain regions or not available online at all. To check to see if the film you want to see is available online check the film guide on Eventive. Globally means you can watch it everywhere (on Earth), USA, you can see it anywhere in the States, Kansas means only in the Land of Oz, and Not available is for films that are ONLY playing in-person at the festival.
Below you will find links to several videos we made for you, the audience! These videos will show you how to log in, order tickets to a virtual screening, and more!
- The Complete Guide to Watching Movies on Eventive Virtual: http://bit.ly/AudienceGuidetoEventive
- Eventive Computer Compatibility: http://bit.ly/EventiveComputerCompatibility
- Logging in to Your Eventive Account: http://bit.ly/LoggingintoEventive
- Understanding Screening Content: http://bit.ly/UnderstandingScreeningContent
- How to Find Screenings & Purchased Content: http://bit.ly/FindYourScreening
- Ordering Virtual Tickets on Eventive: http://bit.ly/OrderingTickets
- How Long Do I Have To Watch My Screening: http://bit.ly/ScreeningWatchWindow
- Voting for a Film on Eventive: http://bit.ly/VotingforFilms
And don’t forget to read our Eventive Virtual Audience FAQs!
Parties start between 8-9 pm after the spotlight film of the evening. Consult the website for complete times. Passholders or party purchases must show their badge or QR code to enter. Private receptions are usually held late afternoon and restricted by invite or passholder type.
Clothing of any sort and shape is welcome. No dress code is required! We do have a red carpet and step and repeat for photos, so feel free to dress up or down to get photos!
We have alcoholic (21+) and non-alcoholic beverages (all ages) in our VIP lounge and at parties. We also have a variety of snacks and appetizers in the lounge and at parties. We can not always accommodate dietary restrictions but do try to have vegetarian and vegan food available.
Other General FAQs
These are first come, first serve, but you can reserve a free ticket in advance to guarantee a seat.
Tallgrass follows all COVID-19 health and safety protocols, including suggested masks indoors regardless of vaccine status. We will continue to update and revise our protocols to reflect the most current safety standards. Due to variants, event plans, and COVID-19, restrictions can change. See regulations here.
All in-person venues are ADA accessible. Most program films will have open or closed captions in person and virtually. See the website for details on which films will have captions or contact info at tallgrassfilm.org. Accessible parking is available at each venue. Learn more about our efforts here.