About the Scholfield Emerging Programmer Apprenticeship Program
Our 2019 EPAs will have the opportunity to learn from and interact with professionals in the film industry, covering a wide range of topics including: film criticism, directing, producing, screenwriting, audio production, lighting, camera technique, video editing and more.
Industry guests scheduled for the 2019 Emerging Programmer Apprenticeship program include:
Fletcher Powell (Film Critic, KMUW Public Radio), Rod Pocowatchit (Film Critic, Wichita Eagle), James Choi, Emily Kincaid, Kendall Goldberg, Ryland Aldrich, Savannah Rodgers, Ellen Crispin and more to be announced!
Along with these interactive classes, our EPAs will be provided hands-on learning opportunities, including:
Screening and reviewing more than 125 movies submitted by their peers to the 17th Annual Tallgrass Film Festival (Oct. 16-20). These reviews will help shape the Joel Fein Emerging Filmmakers Shorts Program at the festival, as the program will be curated with the assistance of our EPAs.
- Field Trips to local production facilities in Wichita.
- Volunteer opportunities at Tallgrass events, including Take36 and the Tallgrass Film Festival.
- First-hand learning experience at with state-of-the-art production equipment (green screens, motion capture, top of the line cameras) at Wichita State University’s Shocker Studios.
Students will receive an all-access TALLPass in exchange for their participation in the program, as well as an additional all-access pass for a parent or guardian.
Classes are scheduled to meet the following Saturdays from 2 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. (2.5 hours) beginning with Orientation on Saturday, May 11th through the festival.
May 11th - Orientation
- June 8, 15, 22
- July 6, 13, 20, 27
- August 3, 10, 17
- September 7, 14, 21, 28
- October 5, 12 (Festival 16-20)
- November 2 (Wrap-Up Party)
Questions, email thane[at]tallgrassfilm.org or text 316.371.4474