6th annual Down to the Wire: 24 Hour Film Race
In partnership with CreativeRush, TFA presents the 6th annual Down to the Wire: 24 Hour Film Race from June 16-18, 2017. The film race is open to professionals, hobbyists, film enthusiasts and novices who are up for the ultimate creative challenge. #DTTW is presented by Fidelty Bank.
Check out the official Down to the Wire race website for all of the details you need to know, and to register your team for the 6th annual #DTTW. Make sure to use the #DTTW on all social media, so we know you're IN.
Timeline At A Glance:
- Tuesday, May 9 - Friday, June 16th: Online Registration Open (you may register at the door on Friday, June 16th)
- Friday, June 16th, 6:00-6:59pm, Check in for Producer's Meeting, Wichita Carnegie Library (220 S. Main)
- Friday, June 16th, 7:00pm, Producer's Meeting, Wichita Carnegie Library (220 S. Main)
- Saturday, June 17th, 6:00am, Director's Meeting, Wichita Carnegie Library (220 S. Main)
- Saturday, June 17th, 7:00 am, Race Begins
- Sunday, June 18th, 6:00-:6:59am, Film Turn-In, TFA Office, (212 N. Market)
- Sunday, June 18th, 7:00pm, Top Ten Showcase, (Doors Open 6pm), Wichita Orpheum Theatre (200 N. Broadway)
- Team of up to 15 people: $150
- Student Team of up to 15 people: $125 (half of registered team members must have valid student ID.)
How it Works
The race begins on Saturday morning at 6:30 am and ends on Sunday morning at 7:00am. A 5 person jury screens each finished film and selects the top ten films, which are then showcased at the Orpheum Theatre at 7:00 pm on Sunday evening. A panel of VIP judges live critiques each film and choose the winners, while the Audience votes for their favorite as well.
Teams have 24 hours to write, produce, shoot and edit a short film that is six minutes or less. All films are required to include elements that are randomly selected at the beginning of the race and all content must be original and created within the 24 hour time period.
Anyone! Participants can enter on their own as a team of one or with up to fifteen people.
Elementary, middle, high school and college students are encouraged to participate and past years have included racers from all across the Wichita-metro region from schools including Robinson Middle School, Maize High School, Andover Central High School, Wichita East High School, WSU and KSU, to name just a few. (Student teams receive a registration discount.)
2016 DTTW Winners
The overall winners of the 2016 Down to the Wire race, whose film was featured as part of the New York Film Critics series in over 60 theaters across the country was Team #7, a student team, consisting of children ages 6-15. Watch Invitation To Burn, directed by Levi Feil, below.
To see more films and learn more about the film click here.